If you're looking to target your lower belly area and achieve a flatter stomach, then this 8-minute workout is perfect for you. Designed to be done on a mat, this workout will engage your core and help you burn stubborn lower belly fat. Here's a breakdown of the exercises:
1. Crunches: Lie down on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the mat. Place your hands behind your head and lift your upper body off the mat, engaging your abs. Lower back down and repeat.
2. Reverse crunches: Stay in the same position as the crunches, but this time lift your legs off the mat and bring your knees towards your chest. Use your abs to lift your hips off the mat, then lower them back down.
3. Bicycle crunches: Lie down with your hands behind your head and lift your legs off the ground, knees bent at a 90-degree angle. Bring your left knee towards your chest while simultaneously rotating your upper body to bring your right elbow towards your left knee. Alternate sides in a bicycling motion.
4. Leg lifts: Lie flat on your back with your legs extended. Lift your legs up towards the ceiling until they are perpendicular to the ground. Lower your legs back down without letting them touch the mat and repeat.
5. Flutter kicks: Lie flat on your back and extend your legs straight out in front of you. Lift your legs a few inches off the mat and begin to kick them up and down in a rapid scissor-like motion. Keep your core engaged throughout.
6. Plank hip dips: Get into a plank position with your forearms resting on the mat and your body in a straight line. Slowly lower your hips to one side, then return to the center and repeat on the other side. This exercise targets your obliques and helps tighten the lower abdomen.
7. Russian twists: Sit on the mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the ground. Lean slightly back and lift your feet off the mat. Hold your hands together in front of your chest and twist your upper body from side to side, tapping the ground on each side.
8. Mountain climbers: Get into a plank position with your hands flat on the mat, shoulder-width apart. Bring one knee towards your chest, then quickly switch and bring the other knee towards your chest. Alternate sides in a running motion. Repeat each exercise for about 30 seconds with a 10-second rest in between. Gradually increase the intensity and duration of your workouts as your fitness levels improve.
Remember to stay hydrated, maintain proper form, and always consult a healthcare professional before starting any new exercise routine. With regular practice and a balanced diet, this 8-minute lower belly fat workout will help you achieve a flat and toned lower abdomen. Stay consistent and stay motivated – you're on your way to a stronger core and a flatter stomach!