The Gen Con board game convention is one of the largest and most prestigious tabletop gaming events in the world. It showcases a wide range of board games, card games, role-playing games, and other tabletop experiences. With so many exciting games being showcased at Gen Con, it can be challenging to decide which ones to invest in. That's why we have compiled a list of the top 30 game picks from Gen Con, to help guide your purchasing decisions.
1. "Dune" (Gale Force Nine): This highly anticipated strategy game is a reimagining of the classic Dune theme, with updated mechanics and stunning components.
2. "Aliens: Another Glorious Day in the Corps!" (Gale Force Nine): Based on the popular movie franchise, this cooperative game pits a team of marines against the deadly xenomorphs.
3. "The Lord of the Rings: Journeys in Middle-earth" (Fantasy Flight Games): This app-supported cooperative game takes players on epic quests in the world of Middle-earth.
4. "Marvel Champions: The Card Game" (Fantasy Flight Games): Play as your favorite Marvel superheroes and battle against iconic villains in this cooperative card game.
5. "Wingspan" (Stonemaier Games): This award-winning game of bird collecting and engine building has been highly praised for its beautiful artwork and engaging gameplay.
6. "Tapestry" (Stonemaier Games): In this civilization-building game, players guide their civilizations through the ages, exploring different technologies and building impressive structures.
7. "Parks" (Keymaster Games): Inspired by the national parks of the United States, this visually stunning game challenges players to hike, visit landmarks, and collect memories.
8. "Root" (Leder Games): This asymmetric strategy game puts players in control of different factions competing for control of the forest.
9. "Detective: City of Angels" (Van Ryder Games): Set in 1940s Los Angeles, this noir-inspired game pits detectives against a player-controlled Chisel who tries to mislead and deceive them.
10. "Everdell" (Starling Games): In this charming game, players take on the role of woodland creatures building their own civilizations in a sprawling tree city.
11. "Terraforming Mars: Turmoil" (Stronghold Games): This expansion adds political struggles and turmoil to the critically acclaimed Terraforming Mars game.
12. "Marvel Crisis Protocol" (Atomic Mass Games): This highly anticipated skirmish miniatures game allows players to assemble their team of Marvel heroes and villains and battle it out on customizable terrain.
13. "Obscurio" (Libellud): This cooperative game of deduction and deception challenges players to solve puzzles and escape from a magical library.
14. "Ticket to Ride: London" (Days of Wonder): This compact version of the classic Ticket to Ride game takes players on a tour of London's iconic landmarks.
15. "Unmatched" (Restoration Games): This skirmish-style game allows players to fight in epic battles using asymmetrical decks and characters from different mythologies and fictional worlds.
16. "Imhotep: The Duel" (Kosmos): This two-player adaptation of the popular Imhotep game challenges players to build monuments and outwit their opponent.
17. "Tuki" (Next Move Games): In this visually stunning dexterity game, players stack blocks to create structures inspired by the Inuit culture.
18. "Letter Jam" (Czech Games Edition): This cooperative word game challenges players to deduce the letters on their own card through the clues given by other players.
19. "Funkoverse Strategy Game" (Funko Games): This unique strategy game allows players to mix and match characters from different pop culture franchises in exciting battles.
20. "Res Arcana" (Sand Castle Games): In this card-based game of resource management and alchemy, players compete to become the most powerful mage in a world of mythical creatures.
21. "Clank! Legacy: Acquisitions Incorporated" (Renegade Game Studios): This legacy version of the popular deck-building game introduces a unique storyline and permanent changes to the game board.
22. "Hadara" (Z-Man Games): In this civilization-themed game, players strategically draft cards to build their civilizations and score the most victory points.
23. "Silver & Gold" (Pandasaurus Games): This quick and clever flip-and-write game challenges players to fill out treasure maps using erasable markers.
24. "Ishtar: Gardens of Babylon" (IELLO): In this visually stunning game, players compete to build the most beautiful gardens in Babylon using strategic tile placement.
25. "Watergate" (Capstone Games): This two-player game recreates the historic Watergate scandal, with one player taking on the role of Nixon's administration, and the other as the Washington Post journalists.
26. "Aeon's End: Legacy" (Indie Boards & Cards): This cooperative deck-building game introduces a legacy-style campaign where players fight against an ancient evil threatening the world. 27. "Ecos: First Continent" (Alderac Entertainment Group): In this simultaneous action selection game, players shape the world by placing animal tokens and completing various objectives.
28. "Miyabi" (HABA): This visually stunning tile-placement game challenges players to create the most beautiful Japanese garden.
29. "Machi Koro Legacy" (Pandasaurus Games): This legacy version of the popular Machi Koro game introduces new buildings, a unique story, and permanent changes to the game. 30. "Tsuro: Phoenix Rising" (Calliope Games): This sequel to the classic Tsuro game introduces new gameplay mechanics and beautiful phoenix-themed artwork. These
30 game picks from Gen Con represent a diverse range of themes, mechanics, and player counts, ensuring that there is something for every tabletop gaming enthusiast. Whether you're into strategy, deduction, cooperative play, or immersive storytelling, there's a game here that will capture your interest and keep you entertained for hours on end.